Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday Rain

Hello!!

Tonight will be a short one. I'm tired and need a good sleep so I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

As Jenn quite accurately pointed out tonight, today turned out to be (for many) the real hump day that Bill described would be Wednesday. The rain was no help by any means. The day started like our Mon, Tue, Wed, but after less than two hours, I think, the rain came rollin' in. It did not stop for the rest of the day and Lindie and my day (installing floors) was certainly characterized by muddy footprints.

Before the rain showed up the whole work site came together as a team to disassemble the scaffolding and move it from one side of the house to the other. The back side of the roof was complete and the shingles were going up on this side today (we're completely done with the roof now). Here is a picture of the moment I realized how cool the effort truly was..



Also, here in Exhibit 8 we have a return creature. The Emily was so curious about the cameras that she made a second appearance. Here we see the Emily in search of food. The Emily lives on a diet of bugs, grubs and critters, you see... and by far the fattest grubs are the tastiest! She lifts the heaviest objects, because she knows the biggest bugs are probably underneath. What she doesn't know is that we have hidden a camera under this piece of scaffolding and the only thing she'll get here is a flash of light in the eyes and we'll get a cute picture of an Emily! ; )

Exhibit 9


Here we have a motion shot of the Nikki. The Nikki is related to the praying mantis and has a similar fighting style. She uses her agile dance moves to entice her prey and then she captures them with her pincher fingers using a motion mimicked in modern day human martial arts classes. Do not let the eyes fool you reader.. She is watching you and the moment you forget it, you're dead meat!

Exhibit 10


We didn't honestly expect to see one of these creatures on our trip into the jungle, but then again it doesn't appear that this Jennifer expected to see us either. The little creature looks terribly frightened. The Jennifer lives underground all winter and rarely is seen by humans above the surface this time of year. They are, however, very curious little guys (and gals) and this one poked up at pretty much the worst possible time. Jennifers, you see, are deathly afraid of large creatures and following this likely traumatizing experience with a human, the Jennifer will likely retreat into her hovel for another two months, until she works up the courage to leave in search of good beats and t-shirt weather.


Here is a picture of the site at the end of the day. Eventually I will put a comparison picture together of the house from this angle at different stages. I need to get to a better computer though, in order to attempt that sort of crazy technical mojojojo..

At one point I found some more time to take face pictures. Nikki also aided me in my search. We came up with a good amount, but here are just two of the better ones.



We're also happy in inform that we may be putting together a little dance video. It is in the works and may take some time before it is complete (like after the trip is over), but look forward to seeing that. It may actually be surprisingly good stuff (so long as you can stomach the "hip thrust.")

On that note, I think I will head to bed, because I promised myself a limit to an hour and I might come in a bit under. There won't be any new photos on Picasa tonight, but these are most of them. (the rain does a number on the photo shooting activity)


~Official Historian C.C.MMX

P.S. Tynishia informed me today that her mom thought I was a girl. First of all, I find this hilarious and second I am in fact a guy and my name is Kevin. I hope I don't come across as a girl to everyone, else next time I blog I might want to state that ahead of time somewhere, I guess. Then again, what the heck does it matter?? -- good night

No comments:

Post a Comment