Saturday, March 13, 2010

Wrapping things up

As of this moment, we are officially done volunteering for the week. I'm sitting in the couch room right now (1:26) with six other people are we're talking about school. It is strange to think that school is a little over two days away. I'm personally feeling like a vacation from a vacation. I'm sure most of you understand that concept. We don't have to wake up until 8:00 tomorrow, so we're taking advantage of the lack of a curfew tonight, in order to chat a bit.

We woke up today and went about the standard procedure, but today was hardly standard. First of all, the company that Habitat buys its lumber from brought us donuts and coffee! It made the morning so exciting! I think most everyone got a donut, but a lot of people didn't drink the delicious Starbucks coffee. I don't know how it happened and I didn't notice until I realized I had peed 3 times, but I think I may have gone through something like 5 cups. Granted they were those mini-cups, but still too much coffee for one person.


The work site today was a swamp. The heavy rains from Thursday collected in massive puddles around the site, but we didn't have to deal with any rain the whole day! It was a relatively slow day. I continued working on trim for the counters with Lindie and we moved into the sanding phase and laminate phase. Some other tasks in the group included the flooring in the last unit, painting doors and trim, installing trim, outside house trim and some goofing around.

In the goofy category we find yet another face. below (I don't know if you can tell) is a brontosaurus! Rotate it a bit and it is a frog. Fancy that. I found several others that will be on Picasa later, but once again it is getting too late to function, let alone type a sentence.





Above we have two masters of disguise. The Kevin and Brian are skilled at camouflage and had I not identified them I'm confident you would never have guessed...


Here is our champion, Bill. In order to capture a decent image of him you need to catch him by surprise. In this case, I called out "Bill, smile" and he turned around, smiled without thinking and before he could take back his smile, I snapped the shot. He is an incredible guy with the whole project on his mind. Lindie and I agreed that the question of the week is "Where is Bill??"


These two stellar painters may as well pay me for this photo. It's unfortunate both Katie and Nikki are only sophomores, because this could probably be a senior portrait. All you readers might want to consider mailing money to these two, just because they look so responsible. Of course they are responsible, but that is not my point. I'm actually not sure what my point is myself.


Does anyone else feel like I am just rambling at this point? I'm beginning to feel that way, so I'll start to wrap things up for the night. Above is an attempt at an artsy shot. What does that mean exactly? Sometimes it means there are no people present and other times it means I use my close macro setting on my camera. In this case the latter is true.


Here is Lindie finally getting out of the house that was her cage for the first 4.5 of 5 days during the trip. I can't remember if it was her goal to use a big nail gun, like this one, or if she just happened to be playing with a nail gun after leaving the couter-top crew. Either way she appears to be having fun!


Finally we have the last group photo at the work site. This turned out rather well and if you're interested in printing a copy, I'd suggest checking out the Picasa page for a bigger version. I won't be uploading tonight, but maybe tomorrow morning over breakfast.

Tonight we invited Joe, Kara and Bill to our chili dinner. Bill had a date with the wifey, but Kara and Joe showed up to hang out for awhile. We ate, played a game of mafia, had mass and played a second game of mafia. The chili, prepared from Maryanne's vegetarian (Friday) cookbook was amazing and in the first game of mafia Kara, Katie and Brian rocked the competition dead. There are reasons for this of course (as are there reasons for the towns people's loss in the second game), but going into it will only get people like me a little to excited (or better put, anxious).

Tomorrow we wake at 8:00, eat our french toast breakfast, and head out by 10:30. It will be nice to have my own bed once again, but we will all likely miss each other and I certainly know I will.

Stay tuned for C.C.MMX Dance Video. It will... dominate your senses!


~Official Historian C.C.MMX

No comments:

Post a Comment